Thursday 22 August 2013

Super Antioxidant and Vitamin C Super Smoothie

I've super duper busy lately. As we all have I'm sure. I've been going through cycles of getting sick fairly easily, I've been caring for my nephews and my friends little boy- lot's of sick little people for me to get all gooey and cosey with.
Today I realised that lately I've really been craving foods like berries, tangello's, lemon, lime, orange, dark chocolate, maqui, etc etc etc

Today and yesterday I made incredible super smoothies- it's not until today that I've realized they're BOTH packed with rich antioxidants and vitamin C- amoung a HEAP of other wonderful minerals and enzymes.... my body is directing me into the healing direction which is so cool.

Today I really wanted to recreate yesterdays smoothie, but I had run out of inca berries and my intuition was stearing me onto another incredible creation that I'm gonna share with you. It's packed with omega 3's, fatty acids, protien, fibre, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin C and antioxidants. YUMMO! Plus it was garnished with a beautiful edible nasturtium flower....  mmmmm

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT AND VITAMIN C SUPER SMOOTHIE


WHAT YOU NEED
2 cups coconut water
1 apple
1/2 to 1 cup mixed berries
1 kiwi fruit
2 cups mixed greens (I used spinage, boc choy, mint, parley and corriander)
2 tblsp chia seeds
2 tblsp hemp seeds
1 tsp barley wheat powder
1 tblsp mixed nut butter (mine has brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, almonds, cashews and hazelnuts- you can use any nut or seed butter)
1 row of Loving Earth's organic Orange & Gubinge raw dark chocolate
any edible flower!!

**** set aside half chia and hemp seeds, chocolate and extra berries for your topping

WHAT YOU DO
Wash and roughly chop your fruit and veg.
Pour the coconut water in and add all the fruit, then top with your greens. Blend, then add all the superfoods- give a good blend.
Pour into a beautiful bowl and top with the chia, hemp, berries, chocolate and flower!!!


ENJOYXXXXXXXXX

No comments: