Monday 26 August 2013

Breakfast Berry Blast SUPER Smoothie

Got up early for yoga this morning, and YAY I had my favourite yoga instructor- yes. On my drive back home I was creating different recepies in my head and thinking about what I could make for breakfast. I usually make a mega veg juice for my brekkie, but today I just wasn't in the mood. I wanted something super light, fresh and refreshing.... I wanted BERRIES!!


My creation was sooooo yummy and just what I wanted- I actually felt like I was eating a berry sorbet for breakfast! mmmmmmm I usually add green anything to my smoothies- not this morning- O. M. G.
This bad boy was high in protien, omega 3's, potassium (all important after my hot yoga class!), iron, vitamin C and was super high in antioxidants!! Hello day.

I get a berry mix at my local health food shop- the mix includes blueberry, blackberry, raspberry and a little strawberry.. mmmm
I've been adding these berries to everything lately- my body's really craving them and tuning into the warmer months that are speeding their way towards us!
Blueberries are rich in antioxidant activist’s pterosibene and anthocyanins.
Strawberries and raspberries are not only a potent antioxidant, but they also help your liver detox carcinogenic chemicals and have been shown to slow down breast cancer cell growth.
Antioxidants are the best internal sunscreen ever... in other words, munching on berries and loading yourself up with potent antioxidants will help protect you from the sun... so eat up and stay safe this summer!

HELLO


BREAKFAST BERRY BLAST SUPER SMOOTHIE

WHAT YOU NEED
1-2 cups of liquid, depends on how thick you want it. I used half almond milk half coconut water
1 cup berries
1 orange
1/2 frozen banana
1 spoon chia seeds
1 spoon hemp seeds
*inca berries and activated buckwheat and lavender to garnish (optional- garnish with anything, or nothing, but it's more fun with toppings)

WHAT YOU DO
Peel and chop banana and orange, then chuck everything into your blender......

EAT

XXXXX

PS
This guy is totally awesome!!!  Super hero amazing legend warrior mega tron!!! Google him- he's great!

No comments: