Wednesday 3 October 2012

Green Lentil & Banana Porridge / Mini Detox day




OK...

This looks a little bit like gruel- but it tastes AMAZING.
It's like the gentlest cuddle for your insides!

I have a confession to make...

I feel awful!!

I have been over indulging with the most deliciously rich (still very healthy!!) foods and eating way beyond my limit & eating more than normal even though I havent been hungry.

I'm certianly paying for it now!!

Damn full moon! (yeah - let's blame the moon!!)

Yesterday I had the sorest tummy ever and today I feel so bogged down and since I've been eating when I haven't been hungry- my digestion is out the window!
It's ok..  in these times you need to remember that you're only human- don't be too hard on yourself- just means you need to REALLY LISTEN to your inner voice, not ignore it and gorge on another deiloiusly rich and HUGE date :)
Oh and STOP MAKING INCREDIBLE HOME MADE BIKKIES & CHOCOLATE!!! ARGH *recipies to follow :)

So, Im going to have a mini detox today, begining with green lentil & banana porridge for breakfast.

Last night I cooked a small amount of green lentils, ready for today.

I got out of bed, had my lemon & hot water, then 1/2 an hour later- it was time for my porridge.

My tummy was craving cooked baby food like grub- something that was super easy to digest and mild in flavour (cooking will help to break down your food).

All I did was put about 1/2 a cup of my cooked green lentils into a pot, grate a banana, added 1/2 a tblsp of chia seeds, covered with rice milk and about 1 tsp of cinnamon, cooked for about 5 mins, then served with a sprinkling of hemp seeds.

The perfect healthy and gentle slop to start my day!!



Then I headed over to my landshare garden to water my babies with my handsome partner Brett :) Being out in the sun and tending to my bit of nature was wonderful for my mind, lungs and body. Plus I was also getting a delicious dose of vitamin D from the glorious sun! (boy- do I need a tan!)

Morning tea was a fresh veggie juice with beetroot, carrot, boc choy and red cabbage- perfect cleansing, nutritious and detoxifying mix.

Lunch was a delicious green smoothie and a coconut water.


My arvo snack heralds  another veg juice & dinner is a little veg and lentil soup- Very basic:

1 carrot
1/2 onion
1 stalk of celery
1 potato
handful cauliflower
1 cup peas
flat leaf parsley
left over green lentils.

Cover with water, season with sea salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 20ish mins.
Very simple, plain, wholesome and kind.

Tomorrow, I will feel like Popeye once more!!

X

What's your go to detox plan??
Click on the title of this blog to leave a 'comment' below!

:)

No comments: