Monday 14 October 2013

Raw Vegan Quick Soup

YO YO YO
What's up diggity dowgs?

I have been waiting so long to create my own raw vegan soup. It has been super cold here in Melbourne... well,  HOT COLD COLD HOT COLD...   so I've had to wait it out for the lovely soup ingredients I'm craving to come into season. (Iv'e been craving summer fruit and veg incase you're wondering!)
I went into my favourite organic fruit and veg store the other day and snapped up myself a massive bag of tomatoes for $3!!! Wahhooooooooo
I went straight home and created my very first summery raw vegan soup! It was very satisfying!

It does look like gloopey snot, but tastes AMAZING, great with 100% rye bread, or olive bread  and is best eaten the day you make it.... after a day in the fridge, it get's a bit weirdy in flavour,,, I actually thought it would get better in time, letting the flavours meld together... but NO!


WHAT YOU NEED
1 blenders worth of whole tomatoes
1/2 1 leek
2 lemons
1/2 avocado
small tin of organic coconut cream
1 tblsp miso paste
1 cup water
good dash of organic tamari
1 big clove of garlic
2-3 cups of mixed greens (I used parsley, kale, silverbeet, corriander)
1 rib of celery
1 tsp raw sea salt (or good pinch of himalayan pink salt)

WHAT YOU DO
Ahead of time- at least half an hour, finely slice the leek and garlic and cover with juice of the lemon and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Wash and roughly chop all your veg.
Place all the tomatoes in the blender with the salt and blitz.
Pour half mixture into a big beautiful soup pot.
Place the miso paste and water in a small bowl and mix until well incorperated.
Place all remaining ingredients into the blender, blitz really well, then pour into your soup pot and mix well with the tomatoes.

** I added some pre cooked french lentils, omitt these or sprout them if you want to remain exclusively raw.

Garnish with a drizzle of EVOO and some nasturtium!
 
ENJOY  XXX









No comments: