Sunday 13 October 2013

Blood orange super smoothie for these crazy and brilliant times


It's FINALLY spring here in Melbourne!!! OMG yay- I am actually relieved.
My body has been craving tangelo's, oranges, berries, smoothies, fresh fresh fresh things!!
This was an AMAZING breakfast smoothie that filled me up, kept me feeling light and kept me going till lunch (well SUPER late lunch because I was filming!!).
If you have small kids- this is a GREAT smoothie that they will LOVE! It's packed with antioxidants, vitamin c, protein, potassium etc etc it's just super great and will leave you feeling amazing!


I've been SUPER DUPER busy with life and filming etc.... as we all are. It always feels like around this time of year, everything goes into super charge, with so much more to do and accomplish...
Make sure you don't burn yourself out during these crazy and brilliant times ahead (plus the planets are doing some freaky deaky shit, which is giving the lovely life on Earth a massive shake up!!! GO WITH IT! change is here, with more to come-- struggle is futile!!  anyway, that's a whole other blog right there!!!)

Best thing to do is meditate, love, move your body and feed yourself with clean wholesome foods!!!  I must admit, lately, I've been consuming 1-3 smoothies a day to help me cope with non stop doing-- THIS IS WHAT MY BODY HAS BEEN ASKING FOR!!! Don't worry, I have been eating other things too!!! My body just works a heap better when I'm out and about, chugging down a smoothie from my jar.
It's important to mix up the ingredients of your smoothies it your eating a lot of them.... it's all about nutrients and variety!
I then come home and enjoy a really nice cooked meal, think green veggies, dark wild rice, seaweed, coconut oil, tammari, avo etc etc or a simple pasta with HEAPS of herbs, tomato paste and coconut oil mmmmmmmm- these dishes are SUPER QUICK TOO!!    



Anyway, I wanted to share this particular smoothie recipe with you because I felt so good after it and the taste made do a little dance while I was eating it!!

WHAT YOU NEED
1 cup mixed frozen berries
1/2 frozen banana
1 small orange
1 cup liquid (I used 1/2 coconut water,  homemade 1/2 almond milk)
1 blood orange
1 tblsp hemp seeds
1 tblsp chia seeds
handful of any greens (I used rocket/arugula)
fresh herbs to garnish (I used apple mint)

WHAT YOU DO
Wash fruit and veg, peel orange peel and chuck everything excluding blood orange and herbs into a blender- blitz, serve then garnish!!
*Feel free to add ANY other fruit or veg... it will all be good!

X

No comments: