Wednesday 19 June 2013

My guilt free, creamy creamy soup!

This was so damn good!
So thick and creamy, and completely guilt free and nutritious for you!

So over the past week or so, I told to about the goodness of split peas and the goodness of coconut cream. This baby has both! It also stars the amazing potato and cauliflower!! YAY.
So, let's learn a bit about cauliflower today!

Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable. This means it's a natural cancer fighter. It contains phytochemicals, called indoles, that may stimulate enzymes that block cancer growth. This also makes it so good for your liver. After citrus fruits, cauliflower is your next best natural source of vitamin C. It's a great antioxidant is a good source of fiber, folic acid and potassium! Eat up!


I really needed to go shopping and didn't have any leek or onion, so I only used a bit of garlic. Leek would be amazing with this recipe, but as I found, it's not essential.

WHAT YOU NEED
2 massive potatoes, chopped
1/2 head or cauliflower, chopped
1 small head of garlic or 1/2 big head
2 cups of pre soaked split peas (I used both green and yellow, but mostly yellow)
1 can coconut cream (although I only used 1/2 a can because the rest was used to make my coconut porridge- I had a few serves!!)
water to cover
sea salt

WHAT YOU DO
Wash and chop all your veg, chuck in a big pot, add the coconut cream, season then cook on low heat until veggies are sort- around 30 mins.

That's basically it!!

I wanted it smooth and creamy, so I blitzed it. Taste, season, EAT!

THAT'S SERIOUSLY IT!!

Use this soup as a base and add other veggies.... I want to roast some pumpkin with balsamic vinegar to garnish my left overs!! mmmm

X

No comments: