Sunday 20 January 2013

Big Bowl of Yum



This meal is very quick, very satisfying and smells incredible while it cooks!!

It's very low effort and has very few ingredients... you could add  whatever you like to this baby.

What I used:

1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 baby red capsicum cut chunky
a couple of handfuls of mixed mushrooms
parsley roughly chopped
a dollop of wine (white or rose)

I served with multicoloured quinoa, but you could use anything, cous cous, buckwheat, rice, millet, pasta etc.

What I did:

Start cooking the quinoa.

In a pan I cooked the onions and garlic in coconut oil and a pinch of salt and after a while I added the capsicum and wine.
After a few more mins I added the mushrooms, cooked with a lid on for 15 mins then before serving, I added the parsley and tasted for seasoning.

Then it was ready!!

I ate it and it was yum!

X


No comments: