Thursday 17 January 2013

My Roast Dinner

My roast dinner is probably not what your picturing in you mind...

Well for one, there's no meat.



I'm on day 11 of my 30 green smoothie challenge. So far so good! It's been great being part of something like like, I've especially been enjoying being sent amazing new recipes everyday. Most days I've been having my amazing veg juice for brekkie, then a massive green smoothie for lunch- usually accompanied by avocado on toast.... its been so fresh and great. As the days have rolled on, by dinner time I'm VERY hungry and craving solid food. Makes sense.

I was able to snap up a big bag of mixed mushies for cheap at the fruit and veg store.. I was also craving big potato chips... Time for a roast I say!!

What I had:

500 grams of new potatoes
3-4 big handfuls of mixed mushies
1/2 bunch parsley
1 zucchini ribboned with a peeler
1/2 adelaide tomato
a few handfuls of green beans



What I did:

I par boiled about 500 grams of new potatoes while the oven heated up.

When the Potatoes were fairly soft, I smashed them in a roasting dish. I made sure that all the skins were broken and smooshy. Then I garnished them all with lots of coconut oil.

I washed my mushies, then laid them all over my mushies, seasoned with sea salt and more coconut oil.
They cooked in the oven for about 20/30 mins and I placed a sheet of baking paper over them to prevent drying out.

When these  babies were almost done, I very lightly blanched my green beans and served with salt, extra virgin olive oil and my sliced toms.

When I pulled my roast out, I scattered my veg with my parsley and zucchini and let sit for about 5 mins, covered with the baking paper and a tea towel.

Then it was time to eat!!!

YUM!!

X

No comments: