Saturday 1 June 2013

The return of A Purple Carrot with her 'Flu Shot'!

FRIENDS- It has been an age since I last blogged! I've a whole trip to LA and back, moved house, worked on heaps of different projects and ridden the roller coaster of life and emotions (came out winning of coarse!) since I posted last. I started to get inquiries about A Purple Carrot, wondering if I was still doing it and when my next post will be- here it is- although very late, It's back!!!!



With the change of seasons I've noticed so many people in my world are suffering with health plummets, either from a colds and fevers or emotionaly and mentally having mega blues.

I've been going through it too guys, believe me! I experienced the lowest lows, darkest moods and negative thoughts- for no reason!!
I spent a couple of days in bed, not leaving my room, crying my eyes out for no reason because I was sad.

But you know what? It's ok. It's ok to go through the darker moments of our journeys- it's all part of it. We just really need to make sure that we really spend time to love and care for our healing selves without judgement and labeling, taking a bit of time out to tend to our colds our sad thoughts. We need to move on to heathier and brighter lives. Reconnect with meditation, body scrubbing and keep excercizing through the cold months- I know it's harder, but it's essential to keep your thoughts and body's happy and healthy.

Winter is here!!!

Lets think of all the awesome cuddly things about winter-
soups, stews, hot chocolates (healthy ones!!) movies in bed, big cups of tea, cuddles and big jumpers.

EMBRACE THE CHANGE!!!

Winter is the time where we need to sleep longer, cuddle, comfort and recharge. The foods we crave are different and so are the things we crave to do.

Over the next few posts I'm gonna send you some winter love with amazing warming food and also my 'flu injections'!

Let's do this together!

Here's my FLU SHOT... an amazingly powerful, energizing and beneficial super smoothie that will conquer any cold and warm any bod! It's intense, so be aware that you don't have to make it as hot when you make it.... this will make more sense now::

FLU SHOT



WHAT YOU NEED:

2 inches ginger chopped
1 green chilli (with seeds) chopped
1 green apple chopped
1 lime chopped
1/2 lemon chopped
handfull of herbs (I used parsley and corriander, but any herb will be amazing for your health)
1 tblsp chia seeds
1 cup of mixed greens (I used kale and silverbeet, but I love spinage, boc choy, cucumber, broccoli etc)
1 cup coconut water (or any nut milk/filtered water. you can add more or less depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries

GARNISH
coconut
loving earths coco buckinis and gogi berries!!

WHAT YOU DO:
 put everything in the blender- blitz and serve in a bowl, top with treats.

It's quick, effective and amazingly full on!!
Raw cacao would be amazing in this- chilli chocolate.

X


No comments: