Sunday 11 November 2012

Quick Warm Veggie Dinner For Two


It was such a pleasure staying with the lovely Jacinta Yelland! We took LA by storm!!

It was also so nice having down time with her at our little hime in Silverlake.
Research and homework by night, I would make scrummie dinners to nourish our bodies and souls.

With all the incredible fresh and raw foods I was eating, it was important for my tummy to balance it out with lightly cooked meals by night.

This was a super quick, easy and filling meal for the two of us that also doubled as left overs for the next day.

I was able to get baby yellow carrot which were great fun to use in colouring up our meals.



I roughly chopped a handful of kale, zucchini, yellow carrots, broccoli and red onion for this dish and lightly cooked in a fry pan, squeezing some lemon on top and serving with quinoa.

It took about 10 mins to cook- start the quinoa just before you start to chop the veggies to even out the cooking time and sauté the onions before adding the other veg. I used a lid to partly steam my veggies.

Bon Apetit

x

No comments: