Tuesday 3 September 2013

My tummy tonic smoothie

Since I was a kid I've always had a sensitive tummy. It still comes and goes, but is in no way as bad as it once was. It got to the point a few years in drama school, that I was passing a heap of blood due to a really really bad and bleeding ulcer in my stomach! OOOpppsssiee

I know now how to care and love my tummy, so when I start to get a soreish tummy- I know what things to grab! (it used to be a tub of vanilla icecream, no no!)

MY TUMMY TONIC SMOOTHIE


WHAT YOU NEED
1/4-1/2 fennel bulb
1/2- 1 pear
1/2- 1 bunch mint (I used a blend of mint, peppermint, apple mint and spearmint from my garden)
1 large cup of cooled organic pepermint tea
**** this is all you really need, but I choose to add for more oomf:
1 lime
1 tablsp chia seeds
1 tblsp of Loving Earth's 'Rainbow' Superfood blend

WHAT YOU DO
wash and chop all your fruit and veg, then pop everything into blender and blitz for a few minutes.

Thats it! If you have it, cucumber would be perfect in this smoothie.

X

No comments: