Wednesday 17 July 2013

raw vegan chocolate fudge slice

Well I've had a very productive start to my day.
Up at 5:40 for yoga and meditation, massive veg juice for breaky, a yummy chai with almond milk for mid morning delight, two loads of washing, made a fresh litre of almond milk, found an awesome new blog- http://ascensionkitchen.com, yummy veg juice and sauerkraut/tahini/avo/seaweed wrap for lunch, wrote a blog- this is my second for today, for tomorrow, which is now today!! aaaaaaaaand I created raw vegan chocolate fugde slice!!! WINNER!!!!


This creation would have never come about if I hadn't made almond milk this morning, or a few days ago. I kept to pulp from the two batches and decided to get creative and experiment. Since I was experimenting, I just used what was in my cupboards (also, both batches of almond milk were only sweetened with 1 date). This is what I used:

pulp from 2 batches of almond milk
1 heaped dessert spoon of unhulled tahini
aprox 1/3 or 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablsp dried coconut
pinch of pink salt
1 heaped dessert spoon of coconut oil
1 heaped dessert spoon of raw honey

I had the pulp, salt, cacao, dried coconut and tahini in a big bowl, mixed really well so everything was mushed together- mixing by pushing down and scraping with the back of a spoon worked well. Whist I mixed, I had my coconut oil and honey on a very low heat to melt down to blood temp- easy to mix through and still raw! Then as you might have guessed, I added the oil and honey to the mix, then mixed some more.
I then popped them into a lined pan, popped in the fridge for a few hours, then after lunch for dessert- I ate some..... DELISH! Not too sweet and quite rich! yum, and good for you too!!

Now I'm gonna have a pep tea, more fudge and pour over my newly found blog. Thanks me.

X

 P.S. For dessert I had some more with 'Loving Earth's Coconut Mylk' chocolate on top- then with additional banana! it was SO GOOD!



No comments: