Monday 15 July 2013

raw sweet potato pasta

I fell in love when I made raw pasta with Diakon Raddish... it was the absolute best (and still is). Since then I've been thinking of different veggies that I can turn into raw 'pasta'. Today at the fruit and veg store I found a vegetable called 'spaghetti vegetable', which looked like it belonged to the pumkin family- I didn't have enough cash on me- but I will be going back!
Last night for dinner I made some raw pasta made from sweet potato- it was yum! This dish is kinda more like a pasta salad, but I've got some more sweet potato and want to try it with a mega herb pesto style dish... later in the week I think!

This meal is super colorful, filling, and tasty. I gently heated this meal since it was so cold yesterday- it was still raw, just heated on a very low heat to blood temperature- any higher and the title 'raw' won't stick anymore.

I was a bit unsure if sweet potato was ok to eat raw, but I've been reading a heap of raw recepies lately that use sweet potato, so I gave it a go. It was yum, kinda like eating a raw corn cob, super refreshing and sweet. 

RAW SWEET POTATO PASTA


WHAT I HAD serves two hungry people
1 sweet potato, peeled and grated/spiralized etc
3 small raddishes, shaved/ very thinly sliced (i had 3 different colors)
1 nashi pear, grated
2 brussle sprouts, very thinly sliced
1 turnip, grated
the greens from a bunch of raddishes, thinly chopped (no waste!!)
small bunch black kale, thinly chopped 
coconut oil to use in pan- if heating
*1 container of sprouted buckwheat to garnish
1/2 to 1 lime juice
pink salt

*I got this from 'the fruit peddlers' high st, Westgarth- you could use mung bean sprouts, bean shoots or rocquet. 

WHAT I DID
I sliced, shaved, grated everything. Popped in a pot to gently heat, seasoned, popped in a big bowl, limed then sprouted. Slight drizzle of oil and served.

Quick and colorful!

X

No comments: