Thursday 4 July 2013

I'm back from paradise with a RAW, CREAMY, VEGAN PASTA!!!! YUM

So, I have returned from my 'soul time' at the beach. I gotta say it was the best week of my life. I was living on top of a hill in a renovated large shipping container with wooden floors, walls and roof, the most comfortable bed on the planet, with large windows that opened to the ocean and a pot belly fire inside- YUM.
I spent the whole week alone excluding the weekend when Brett came to join me. There were also kangaroos, birds and wallabies keeping me company.
Everyday I read, walked, jumped in the ocean, meditated, rested, sat in the sun, ate- it was bliss. A massively needed recharge.


I had access to a gas cook top, but I chose to eat completely raw while I was away and heated water and porridge on the fire top- it was grate! Also, I gotta say I feel AMAZING for having a whole week of raw food. so much so that I've continued that back in Melbs. I have also created an amazily  delicious and refreshing raw 'pasta' that I had for dinner last night- I'm gonna eat it again today because I still have left over ingrediants and I was soooooooo goooood!

I have a bunch of recepies I wanna share with you from my time away, inluding spouting lentils and other grains- but that will have to wait because this meal is screaming for me to share with you!

AMAZINGLY FRESH CREAMY RAW VEGAN 'PASTA'


WHAT YOU NEED
*this recepie serves 1, so if you want to feed more people, use more ingrediants!
1/2 large Diakon radish grated, shaved, or if you have a spiralizer- use that to make 'pasta' or noodles
1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley stalks and all, roughly chopped
3 dessert spoons of coconut cream (more if you want it creamier)
1 small clove of garlic
juice of 1 lime
drizzle or extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt (I used hymilayan pick salt)
handful of walnuts roughly chopped

WHAT YOU DO
Shave, grate, shred your diakon raddish into your 'mixing bowl'- there will be a lot of water released from the raddish, which you need to keep to meld with your sauce.
Put all other ingrediants into a food processor/blender and blend until you have a yummy creamy consistency- season to taste.
Mix everything together and serve- THATS IT- take about 10 mins!!

EAT!!!

HEALTH BENEFITS OF RADDISHES!
Daikon has high levels of Vitamin C and potassium.  It also contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, folate, dietary fiber, and other nutrients.
Daikon has natural digestive enzymes that aid in the digestion of fats, complex carbohydrates, and proteins.
Best eaten within 30 mins of grateing- the enzymes will start to die after that, this is a meal that you dont need to pre prepare- it's SO fast and tastes better fresh anyway!

Radishes are awesome for cleansing and detoxifying. They are incredibly effective at breaking up phlegm in the body, especially those resulting from over-consumption of heavy animal products. Radishes contain a lot of water as well, so they are filling but very low in calories, making them ideal for people trying to control their weight.
In Chinese medicine radishes are used to promote digestion, break down mucous, soothe headaches and heal laryngitis. Regular consumption will help prevent viral infections such as the common cold and influenza.



No comments: