Tuesday 8 January 2013

Black Quinoa Bowl of Love



I have found black quinoa!!!

I was sooooo excited when I stumbled across this beauty..... although I still think my love remains with red quinoa- none the less, this made for a very beautiful, delicious and nourishing meal.

This made for a great lunch time meal during my run of Suburbia.

I don't really like eating big heavy meals right before I perform, so I usually have quite a substantial meal for lunch.

It was a super cold early december day, so I wanted volume, earth and punch- so of course I smothered it in organic dijon mustard!! mmmmmmm

Here it is... very simple and delicious- it brought a smile to my dile!!

BLACK QUINOA BOWL OF LOVE




What you need for one:

about 1/2 cup quinoa
about 1/4 to 1/3 peas (I like peas)
about 4 stalks of asparagus
and a big handful (or 2) of silver beet- spinage would be great

a dollop of mustard to serve- optional!!

What you do...

If you have the time, soak your quinoa for about 15 mins.
If not, give them a good rinse, then pop on the stove covered with water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 mins, drain then let sit in hot pot with a lid on to steam for about 15 mins.

during this time, prepare your veg to desired size.

Then, put the quinoa back onto a low heat and plop the veg on top.
Season with salt and lemon if you wish.

I only just cooked the veggies through on low heat to preserve as much goodness as possible.

And as you can see, I served with a generous dollop of dijon mustard!

XXX

No comments: