Thursday 4 October 2012

Roast Pumpkin Salad

PRETTY PUMKIN FOR ONE

I got home late afternoon after having a busy day of 'getting things done'. Yesterday I wrapped a short film I was working on and after having a busy day by myself, being surrounded by lovely people all week & with my love at rehersals all night, I was tired and in need of some loving, nourishing and brightening up.

When I was making this dish, I was thinking about all the traveling actors who can spend a lot of meals alone, far away from their family and friends. It's funny, but thinking of them as I cooked this dish made me feel that we were all in it together and I had them all in my tiny loungeroom ready and waiting for a home cooked meal. I was cheered and ready to eat.


You can use any veggie you like in this dish- it's roast veggies after all. I chose these babies for their bright colors and comforting flavors and textures.

There's not much else to say about this dish really except it's a super quick and super easy one tray dish. You could eat it just as is, or you could serve it alongside any protein, carb or salad. Or as leftovers you could mush it all into wrap bread with some avo, cucumber and cos lettuce. mmmm




ROAST PUMPKIN SALAD

What you need:

1/4 pumpkin of your choice sliced
1 beetroot sliced
20cm leek sliced
1 lemon sliced

What you do:

Chuck the oven on 200 degrees.
Slice all the veggies and scatter into a roasting tray.
Drizzle with the oil of your choice and sprinkle with salt.

Cook for about 20-30 mins

That's it!

I served my veggies with fried blitzed brown rice.
(get 1/4 cup brown rice, rinse, then put into a blender with a cup of water. blitz for a few mins. Drain then fry in a pan with a bit of oil and salt).



X