Monday 24 September 2012

Serious sustenance on the run: Coconut water


Last week I was on set at 7:30am until 6:30pm.

By 3pm I was getting a bit dehydrated and needed a lift.



No matter how much water I drink on set, I'm always thirsty. I suppose the make up and studio lights dry me out- and give me headaches.



Never fear- COCONUT WATER IS HERE!!!!





Coconut water contains more potassium than bananas,
It contains more isotonic than most sports drinks (& its natural) with far less sugar and calories.
Coconut water can be used as a substitute blood plasma- its completely sterile and has an ideal pH level.
Studies suggest that cytokinins (kinetin & trans-zeatin) in coconut water showed significant anti-aging, anti-carcinogenic and anti-thrombotic effects and contains lauric acid which is found in breast milk.

If you practice yoga- especially hot yoga, or participate in any physical activity, coconut water is the best rehyradtor you can  gobble down. Plus it tastes yum!

This is why coconut water is my best friend.

X