Friday 14 September 2012

Kitchen staple: My Cashew Dukka



Now I Know I'm not the first person in the world to create dukka. Its not a new creation.

But it is one of my essential kitchen staples & is extremely easy to make.
I add it to salads, sprinkle it on crackers with oil as a snack & I garnish my soups with it.

My Cashew Dukka brightens any meal and is a delicious flavour enhancer- its also a great way to sneak nuts and seeds into your diet.

Traditionally cumin, ground coriander and other spices are added to this bad boy, but alas, a lot of beautiful spices are very high in salycilates, so I've not gone down the spice trail.

Use this recipe as a base and add any herb, spice, nut & seed that takes your fancy.



MY CASHEW DUKKA

What you need:

about a cup of cashews
about 1/2 a cup of hazel nuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
sea salt

What you do:

Chuck the nuts and seeds into a fry pan & toast on a high heat, constantly stirring to prevent burning.
When your nuts are toasted to your liking, pour onto a plate and let cool for a couple of minutes.

Pour all ingredients into a blender and blitz to you desired dukka texture.

Thats it!

Enjoy x