Monday 3 June 2013

Ratatouille is my favourite!

I LOVE RATATOUILLE soooooo much!



It's so easy to make, is beautiful and delicious!
This is seroiusly the easiest one pot meal ever invented and it makes a little go a long way!
The stars of the show are tomatos, zucchini and eggplant, but I sometimes add potato, mushroom or pumkin- whatever I have on hand and feel like at the time.

WHAT YOU NEED
one big heavy pot that can go in the oven (or a dish and cover with foil)
about 1 kilo of tomatos
1 eggplant
1 zucchini
sea salt

WHAT YOU DO
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
Thinly slice all veg to about 1/2 a cm in width so you have little discs. I cut my tomatos on a plate so I don't loose any juices.
Start with making a layer of tomatoes, season then top with a layer of zucchini, then top with a layer of eggplant, season, tomato... etc... until you fill your pot or run out of veggies.
Pop in the oven with the lid on for about 20 mins then reduce the heat to about 160 degrees for a further 30 mins. If you're ina rush, it can cook quicker, but if you go a bit slower, you with create a really lovely soupy liquid from all the veggies- a higher heat makes the veggies liquid evaporate.
Let cool for about 5 mins with the lid on, then grab a bowl and serve!!
*this is also delicious with fennel and fennel fraunds mmmmm.

I like to drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and some extra sea salt and herbs from the garden.

BLISS!!!

X

No comments: